Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Howl-&-Roar!

Dear Multi-Tasking Wonder Woman!

When was the last time you ROARED? I mean, really let it out; opened up your voice-box, breathed into your diaphragm, clenched the buttocks and let all that is held-in, out? When was the last time you roared without apology, with no explanation or reasons?


Dear Beauty-Heart, do you howl much?

I first learned how to roar from the guts of my pain-point when I was a young, naive and idealistic woman living and working in Washington D.C.

Personally, I was lonely. I desperately wanted a lover, an intimate friend who would share dreams while planning how we were going to save the world. I worried it would never happen; that he didn't exist and I would live alone forever without the future I had imagined. I was hungry for physical touch and regularly berated myself, appearance and body that there must be something wrong with me.

Professionally, the pain came from the day-in-and-day-out recognition of an f'd-up system that snagged  people in its net of low expectations. As a Special Assistant to the Secretary of Housing and Urban Development I had a daily lesson in “how to make people feel like shit and make it stick”.

It was my supervisor who taught me how to a) feel the pain and b) let it out.
He would do it in his car on the way home. Scream at the top of his lungs until he was hoarse.

This howling tool was new to me then. I had grown up learning that pain and any anger associated with it, was best served cold, silent and swallowed.  A good loud howl was out of the question.

In my 48 years of gained wisdom I look back on my young twenty-something self to say, “You have sacred permission to go ahead and ROAR! Be honest about your pain. Take off whatever neatly covers it up and expose it!”
Go ahead dear one! Give it a go. ROAR!
  • Roar from the hurt in your heart; from the place of the dormant dreams that still haunt your desires. 
  • Howl from the cold blanket of terror that wraps around you whenever you think of your kids leaving the house and you alone with your husband. 
  • Cry-out from the depths of guilt that rides up onto your chest asking if you made a mistake all those years ago.  
  • Release the familiar frustration of wanting physical touch and fiery desire that you had when you were single and is even more intense now. 

What is it that you can expose, uncover and let out into the universe for sacred reception?

When you howl, you liberate the anger, frustration and guilt crowding your insides and allow the gentle breath of nature to caress and transmute them into another life.

At the same time, you expand the space inside of YOU that can be filled with new ideas, beliefs and ways to speak to and heal your hurts.

You ALREADY hold all the dynamic, naked power you need to step toward freedom from pain. You begin by making space and taking off all the crud and crap that hides it!

And this my gorgeous, sparkling divine goddess, YOU CAN DO! Starting with a Raucous Roar with Other Rambunctious Women Tomorrow!

  • Wherever you are...
  • Whatever you are doing...in a meeting, at your desk, transporting kids, in yoga  or on a run...
  • HOWL LOUD! 
What form it takes is entirely up to you. Whether an audible cry, a written scribble or silent tears...choose to make it Your Time to Howl and Release!
  • Consider where your heart is hurting. 
  • What is the source of your anger and short-temper?  
  • For what are you longing and why does it seem out of reach? 
  • Jot down some notes. Journal. Enter prompting words in your tablet. This is YOUR time to release!
  • It's FREE
  • It's Your Visionary Women Talking to YOU 
  • It has a road-map to heal the wounds of your heart! 
  • It ALL STARTS next week with Tori Hartman! Roar with us about all the stories, expectations and crud that gets in your way of LOVING! 

Invite your Gorgeous Goddess Circle and be part of “The Narrative Closet - Howl-&-Roar!”

In Fiery-Raised Voice!
AmyJo

No comments:

Post a Comment